Making You Feel at Home
Whether a patient is at Miller’s a week, two months or longer, we want the stay to be as personal and comfortable as possible. For that reason, we offer many of the comforts of home and community as well as activities to keep you entertained and energized when you’re not at therapy sessions.
Personal services for daily living and special occasions
When you walk into any Miller’s location, you’ll be greeted by smiling faces and welcoming spaces. We make every effort to help your stay be a pleasant one. Here are a few of the amenities we provide for your benefit.
- Premier dining – Our dining service is similar to restaurant-style dining, where each resident is offered choices of entrees and other options at each meal. We prepare three meals daily, meeting the requirements of physician-prescribed diets when needed. Residents enjoy meals together in our relaxing, homelike dining rooms, where servers take orders and serve the meals. We encourage families to visit with their loved ones during mealtimes.
- Beauty salon and barber shop – Knowing we all feel better when we look better, Miller’s provides beauty and barber services to our residents. Appointments can be made through the social service director or receptionist at each facility. Some residents even make a standing appointment. Even after a patient goes back home, he or she may come back for these services. Charges for the services are minimal and appear on the monthly statement.
- Private rooms– Many of our locations offer private suites in the Medicare-certified Rehabilitation Center for your short-term stay. Some long-term accommodations are also available. Learn more about the location near you.
- Community room for private events – Residents love to stay in touch with family and friends. If you would like to celebrate a birthday or holiday, or maybe get together with friends for a bridge game, select locations have a community room available for you to reserve.
Staying active is key to recovery
While therapy sessions and rest may help patients get back the strength they've lost, keeping an active mind is also important. Our activities department keeps a full calendar to help patients remain physically, socially, spiritually and intellectually stimulated. Each resident is interviewed to see which activities might be the best fit, and we then create an activity plan of care just for that person. Activities are offered seven days a week, and families are welcome to participate.
- Community outings – Miller’s plans outings to favorite spots in the community to keep residents connected during their stay. A wheelchair-accessible van may be available.
- Recreational activities – Residents are invited to participate in any or all of the planned activities each day. These could include birthday or holiday parties, art projects, B-I-N-G-O, sing-alongs, guest speakers and many more activities.
- Religious services – Miller’s provides a variety of worship opportunities and activities through local churches.